This time last year, Ryan was almost 1 1/2 and there were no toddler meltdowns. He wasn't very entertained by the sand buckets yet and was iffy about the water. He more or less cared about naps and stealing golf balls from putt putt.
This year, we have to come even more prepared to entertain a busy body.
So what's being packed for our 2-year-old toddler?
1. Ryan is in a die-hard sand loving phase. We bought this bucket last year at Costco and it is filled with all kinds of goodies to entertain. He still plays with it in our backyard so it's definitely making the trip with us.
2. What is fun without toy trucks? At least that is what Ryan thinks. We were at the pool last weekend and I forgot his toys. Another little boy was there with his toy trucks and Ryan was in straight game-face mode, determined he was going to play with those trucks too. Thank goodness the other little boy liked to share. So, our trucks are coming with us.
3. Ryan isn't a Michael Phelps yet and we just purchased our Stearns Puddle Jumper this year. We had a vest last year and Ryan hated it. It was too restrictive. We have already tested the Puddle Jumper several times this last month and it's a hit.
4. If and when it rains, this mamma is prepared. Play Doh = endless amounts of entertainment for our 2-year-old.That, and...
5. Stickers! Play Doh and stickers win our boys heart. Thank goodness for Melissa and Doug's reusable stickers and sticker pad. A little rain won't get us down.
6. Our Chuggington Wilson carrying case and our wooden trains go everywhere with us. They will be the first thing we pack and the first thing we step on as Ryan will purposely position them right in your walking path.
7. Cheap blow up pool. When the waves are too rough or Ryan is too sandy, a cheap pool solves all problems.
8. I love all things by the Honest Company. They are honestly good. Ha, like what I did there? Even Russell and I douse ourselves in their non-greasy sunscreen.
9. Stunna shades. Oh, I mean sun shades :) What toddler isn't cute in a pair of stylish shades?
Stay tuned for my next post on how we will survive the car ride........