My "Cozy" Fall Essentials

Thursday, September 3, 2015

I want to give a shout out to Amanda @ RunningwithSpoons for the link up.

Its #thinkingoutloud Thursday!


On the very first day of September, I was ready for the fall weather.  (Nah, let's be honest...I was really ready for it even in August.) But when the September 1st popped on on the calendar, I heard my UGG boots, leggings, college football, and pumpkin spiced lattes calling my name.

I am seriously chomping at the bit for the cooler weather and the mornings where I can just wrap up in a blanket on my couch and veg out.  Plus, my makeup is ready for the non-humid weather that way it can stay on my face a little longer than melting away by lunch time.

With the first day of fall just around the corner, it got me thinking about all of my "cozy" essentials I require during the season.  So let's see...



Sources: Parachutehome.com, Etsy, Skinny Taste, and Old Navy 

I absolutely LOVE having a nice candle burning and reading a book in bed at night.  Nothing is more relaxing to me than unwinding curled up in my bed with a book and a good "fall smell."  I usually love a good lavender smell in the bedroom, but Parachute has a fireside candle that has piqued my interest.

In the mornings, I love sitting in my comfy oversized chair by my fireplace and have a nice cup of coffee and a cozy blanked wrapped around me watching some television.  I always start my weekend mornings that way in the fall.  And, if you come to my house you will find a plethora of cute coffee mugs, sweater blankets, or a nice cashmere blanket (like this one from Parachute).  

My final two "cozy" fall essentials are a good oversized sweater (to wear with my leggings and Uggs, duh), and a crockpot full of Turkey Chili.  I have more cardigans and sweaters than I know what to do with, but I love some of Old Navy's fall sweaters right now.

And if you are looking for a good chili recipe (because I know you are), then you have to try Skinny Taste's Kid-Friendly Turkey Chili.  Before Ryan, I loved a good and spicy chili that would make your nose run.  Obviously, that would not be too kind on a poor toddler's tummy, so I have toned it down some and changed to Skinny Taste's recipe.  It is still hearty and flavorful.  Sometimes, I even make some cheese biscuits to go along with it.  (On my cheat days of course!)

What are some of your fall "cozy" essentials?


XOXO,
Sherri


DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER